Best Roofing Company in Orlando, FL
Give us a call today! You’ll be glad you did!
You’ve just found the best roofing contractor in the Orlando Metro area for Metal Roofing Contractors. We know we’re the best because our Google Reviews from happy customers say we’re the best! Whether you need Roof leak repair cost or Roof leak repair cost? If you live anywhere near Roofer, we’re the company to call.
Why Hire a Professional Roofing Contractor?
Fox 4 Problem Solvers did a story on a Kansas City area senior resident who gave a roofing contractor over $4000 to replace his roof. Soon afterward, the company shut its doors, and all the resident had to show for it was the leaky roof. Local roofing company Premier Roofing saw the story and decided to help out by doing the resident's roof free of charge.
In an effort to identify the most reputable and qualified roofing contractors, some people like to use a list of questions to ask each company they interview. Here are the 15 questions you should ask before any work is done on your home. Here is that list...
- How long have you been in business?
- Have you always operated under the same license & company name?
- Where is your office located and how long have you been at that location?
- How many trucks, crews and installers do you have?
- How many staff do you have dedicated to job site supervision? Do they have any responsibilities other than job site supervision?
- Do you have a staff person dedicated to Quality Control?
- Do you have a Customer Service Department? Who do I call if I have a problem?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you have a written list of references?
- How many jobs have you done since your company began, and in the last 3-years?
- Will you complete a thorough inspection and analysis of my home improvement needs and provide recommendations regarding issues like products to be used, any potential areas of concerns, and a proposed schedule of completion?
- Do you have a Lien Waiver Letter?
- Do you have General Liability, Workers Compensation, and Post-Construction Insurance of at least $1,000,000? Will your insurance company issue me a certificate of insurance?
- Do you have a written list of standards that govern the performance and behavior of the crew on each job?
- Do you have a list of standards the crew will follow to clean up my yard both during and at the end of the project?
Additionally, always be wary if they ask for lump sum payments up front, companies that solicit door-to-door, and roofing companies that are chasing storms or that have not been in business for very long.
If you have answered most of the questions above to your satisfaction, then there is a good chance that you will be happy with the outcome of your roofing job, and you won't be left with thousands out-of-pocket and a roof that continues to leak.
Click the link to watch the Fox4 Kansas City Roofing news story.
Roofing Contractors? - Tips For Hiring a Roofing Contractor
Repairing or replacing a roof is a big job that needs to be done right. After all, your house depends on a sturdy, quality roof to protect it from the elements. Any leaks resulting from poor workmanship can lead to a disaster inside your home. Don't take chances. Check roofers thoroughly before hiring them.
1. Licensed and Insured
At the bare minimum, a reputable roofing company needs to carry the right amount and type of insurance. Liability and worker's compensation are especially important. If a worker is injured on the job, the company needs to cover medical costs. In most states, roofers also need to be licensed. In some regions, licensing is done at the city level instead, so be sure to check your local requirements.
2. Quality Craftsmanship
To check the quality of work done by a particular company, ask which homes they've worked on in your area. Take a look at some of these locations to inspect the quality of the roof. In addition, ask for references. Call a few and ask about the work completed. It's also a good idea to check the company's rating with the Better Business Bureau or similar consumer protection organizations.
3. Strong Materials
Your roof needs to hold up well against the elements, including powerful winds, hail, high heat, and heavy, wet snow. Find out what materials each potential roofing company plans to install on your roof. Research these products to learn about their durability and if they are a good fit for your environment.
4. Good Communication
When you talk to prospective roofing companies, how well do they communicate with you? Do they answer your questions in detail? It's important to have excellent communication throughout the entire roofing process to ensure everyone is on the same page. If your questions aren't answered to your satisfaction, it could be a red flag.
5. Knowledgeable Staff
Find out what training your roofers have received. Check how many years the roofing company has been in business. Is the company experienced in the type of roof you want? How many roofs have they installed, repaired, or replaced? Is the staff able to offer sound recommendations based on experience? You'll want to hire a knowledgeable team that knows what they're doing and will communicate with you clearly.
6. Written Guarantee
Be sure to get a written guarantee. You'll need to be protected in the event of any problems with the installation or materials. The guarantee should be clearly specified as part of the contract you sign with the company. Have the roofing representative fully explain the agreement, and read it over carefully before signing to make sure it matches what you've been promised.
7. Ongoing and Post-job Cleanup
The job can take several days, or in some cases weeks, to complete. Ask about end-of-day and end-of-job cleanup efforts. It's important that the area is livable, safe, and clean throughout the project. At the end of the job, you'll also want a clean site to go with your brand new roof.
Don’t make a costly mistake by using some unlicensed Handyman! Hire a professional roofer and get the job done right, the 1st time.