Best Roofing Company in Orlando, FL
Give us a call today! You’ll be glad you did!
You’ve just found the best roofing contractor in the Orlando Metro area for Commercial Roofing. We know we’re the best because our Google Reviews from happy customers say we’re the best! Whether you need Residential metal roofing or Residential metal roofing? If you live anywhere near Affordable Roofing Contractors, we’re the company to call.
Top 5 Tips - How To Hire The Best Commercial Roofing Company?
Installing a new roof in a newly built house or replacing a roof in your old home, is definitely one of the many costly things a homeowner encounters. The roofing cost varies on the size of your home, the materials to be used in the repair or installation, and the location of your home. A roof replacement could range from few thousands of dollars to as much as ten of thousands of dollars. For this reason alone, it is very important that you choose your roofing contractors carefully. It would be advisable to hire roofing contractors who already have a good record of doing quality roofing service in your area. This article aims to provide a guide in hiring roofing contractors to do your roofing job.
First of all, make sure that you are hiring licensed roofing contractors in your area. When you are checking their licenses, you may also want to check the validity of the license.
Second, ask them to provide contact information of at least customers that they have serviced. It would be best if you contact these people and ask how the job went, if they are satisfied or not with the service, and how they resolved the problems encountered if there is any. Since roofing contractors will most likely than not provide you with contact details of their customers who were satisfied with their service, why not do your own research regarding their service.
Third, it is always good to have options. You may want to check other roofing contractors and get bids from them. In this way, you get to compare their services and get the most out of your money.
Fourth, check with your house insurance company to check if the roofing contactors you are about to hire is an approved contractor.
Fifth, you may also want to check with you local business bureau for any possible complaints regarding your prospective roofing contactors' services. Some sites may charge some fees for the information, however just be patient and look around, you might find blog sites that have comments on how good or bad your contactor's services are.
Sixth, secure a copy of your roofing contractor's insurance liability plan; this will help you if in case something will go wrong.
Seventh, check the roofing company's legal permits before they start the installation or the replacement.
Eighth, ask the people your trust like friends and family if they can recommend any roofing contractors that they had a first hand experience with, this way you get to have an idea on what to expect on the service that you are to avail.
Ninth, do not pay in full. If roofing contractors request for partial payments, do not pay more than ten percent than the amount of work being completed.
And last, secure a signed contract that indicates the full contract price, this should cover the labor as well as all the materials. Also, you may want to include in the contract that any additional material or labor cost other than what is agreed upon should be shouldered by the contractors.
Following these tips, would give your confidence that you get to hire the perfect roofing contractors to work with, thus you get the value of your money.
What Things Should I Check Before Hiring a Roofing Company?
Fox 4 Problem Solvers did a story on a Kansas City area senior resident who gave a roofing contractor over $4000 to replace his roof. Soon afterward, the company shut its doors, and all the resident had to show for it was the leaky roof. Local roofing company Premier Roofing saw the story and decided to help out by doing the resident's roof free of charge.
In an effort to identify the most reputable and qualified roofing contractors, some people like to use a list of questions to ask each company they interview. Here are the 15 questions you should ask before any work is done on your home. Here is that list...
- How long have you been in business?
- Have you always operated under the same license & company name?
- Where is your office located and how long have you been at that location?
- How many trucks, crews and installers do you have?
- How many staff do you have dedicated to job site supervision? Do they have any responsibilities other than job site supervision?
- Do you have a staff person dedicated to Quality Control?
- Do you have a Customer Service Department? Who do I call if I have a problem?
- Are you a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you have a written list of references?
- How many jobs have you done since your company began, and in the last 3-years?
- Will you complete a thorough inspection and analysis of my home improvement needs and provide recommendations regarding issues like products to be used, any potential areas of concerns, and a proposed schedule of completion?
- Do you have a Lien Waiver Letter?
- Do you have General Liability, Workers Compensation, and Post-Construction Insurance of at least $1,000,000? Will your insurance company issue me a certificate of insurance?
- Do you have a written list of standards that govern the performance and behavior of the crew on each job?
- Do you have a list of standards the crew will follow to clean up my yard both during and at the end of the project?
Additionally, always be wary if they ask for lump sum payments up front, companies that solicit door-to-door, and roofing companies that are chasing storms or that have not been in business for very long.
If you have answered most of the questions above to your satisfaction, then there is a good chance that you will be happy with the outcome of your roofing job, and you won't be left with thousands out-of-pocket and a roof that continues to leak.
Click the link to watch the Fox4 Kansas City Roofing news story.
Don’t make a costly mistake by using some unlicensed Handyman! Hire a professional roofer and get the job done right, the 1st time.